- Untangle Chains
- Slide Chain around the back of the wheel
- Bring ends to the top and attach
- Pull Chains to the front and attach the top hook to the end link
- At the bottom. Thread the chain through the tensioning device or attach the link to the hook (Chain Depending)
- Pull Chain through both small hooks and tighten
- Drive forward. Check chains and retighten
- Do NOT exceed a speed limit of 30km/h
No. The wheel/tyre size needs to be confirmed in-person by our trained chain fitters prior to rental.
We have a large of assortment of chain sizes on hand to accomodate all types ofwide range of vehicles.
Even if you’re visiting just for the day, you will need to carry chains during the declared winter season, as required by law. See more info on chains here
Yes. During the declared winter season, if you’re driving to Mt Buller and staying overnight, you will need to carry wheel chains by law. Find out more here